Recognising Spa Excellence
Wednesday 23 November, 2016
The winners of this year's Good Spa Guide Awards were revealed last week, during a gala dinner at the Spa Life Conference.
The recipients of the Good Spa Guide Awards 2016, in partnership with Aromatherapy Associates, showcase excellence in the UK spa market.
Since the awards were first started in 2010, the Good Spa Guide has reported seeing a rise in standards, exciting new developments and a huge growth in the popularity of spa.
Twenty winners were announced in two categories. The Regional Awards were selected by Spa Spies who visited over 150 Spas in 10 different countries this year. Meanwhile, the Readers' Choice National Awards were voted for by a record-breaking 72,000 spa goers.
Honorees included Nottinghamshire's Eden Hall Day Spa (pictured) who picked up the Readers' Choice National Award for ‘Best for a Spa Day. “We are absolutely thrilled to be taking home this coveted title,” commented Nerys Chell, Managing Director at Eden Hall. “The Spa was up against some tough competition, but to know the public has voted for us means so much.”
The Regional Awards winners are:
- Best Spa in London: The Bulgari Spa
- Best Spa in the South East: Pennyhill Park
- Best Spa in the South West: Lucknam Park Hotel and Spa
- Best Spa in West Midlands: Dormy House Hotel and Spa
- Best Spa in the North West: The Woodland Spa
- Best Spa in Wales: St Brides Spa Hotel
- Best Spa in Scotland: The Spa At Gleneagles By ESPA
- Best Spa in the Channel Islands: The Spa at St Pierre Park
- Best Spa in Northern Ireland: Galgorm Resort and Spa
The Readers' Choice National Awards winners are:
- Best Spa for Wellness: Champneys Tring
- Best Spa for Outside Space: Wynyard Hall
- Best Spa for a Day: Eden Hall Day Spa
- Best Spa for a Stay: Stobo Castle Health Spa
- Best Spa for Groups: The Day Spa at Whittlebury Hall
- Best Spa Hotel for Families: L'Horizon Beach Hotel and Spa
- Best Spa for Value: The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall Village