Raison d'Etre releases mid-year Wellness Trends
Raison d'Etre, the global spa consultancy for wellness, has launched its mid-year wellness trends, with Managing Director Anna-Cari Gund and the team identifying seven trends from #Hashtag treatments to Nutritarianism that will begin to grow in popularity in the latter half of 2017 and beyond.
The team will now be monitoring trends on a monthly basis to ensure their international partners can make informed decisions on their business developments. Anna-Cari Gund says “Having an awareness of growing trends is an essential aspect of running a business within a competitive industry. By incorporating trend-lead themes into new packages or adjusting operations as a response to these mid-year trends, will help to improve spa branding and increase occupancy levels as trends increase in popularity.”
Mid-Year Wellness Trends from Raison d'Etre
1. The Power of Brains – an increase in demand for mental wellness, brain workouts and stimulating activities within spas and health clubs
2. Nutritarianism – Creating personalized nutrition plans with a focus on gut bacteria issues, nootropics and dietary requirements or preferences
3. OptimIZED Living – working with material, light, air and sound to improve sleep quality
4. Kids Wellness – a response to lots of reports and media attention on wellness among children at home, in school and during travel and vacations, contributing to their development
5. Accessible & Affordable Wellness – creating more varied packages that help to make aspects of spa more accessible with more flexibility with mixing and matching package offerings
6. Hashtag Treatments – maximising as much as possible with social media obsessions and trends and also working closely with influential individuals and celebrities
7. The Contrasts – A focus on connectivity, information overdose and silent retreats, the contrasts in our daily lives in terms of exercise, temperature and food too incorporating trend-lead diets such as the 5:2
To see the full report and discover more in-depth analysis on the current seven trends, visit the Raison d'Etre blog HERE.